Monday, July 13, 2009

Helping Students Learn to Speak English  

0 comments
In Japan, when I ask adults why English conversation is so difficult, the most common answer is, ‘When I start to speak English, my head fills up with so many grammar rules, and then I get confused and can’t speak.’
A very easy to understand answer from a man about why speaking English is not difficult for him was, ‘For me, it’s like playing the guitar. I don’t think about it when I do it, I just feel it.’
It is important in the Gaikoku Katsudou lessons to not make the lessons grammar-focused, and also to help the students get a feel for the language. The Eigo Noto activities are chosen especially for these purposes. (end)

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories